IMA Middle East Members are invited to participate in the second annual IMA Middle East Case Writing Competition. Cases related to the Middle East region are strongly preferred. This competition aims to promote a culture of case writing and innovation by giving the IMA Middle East members a chance to share their real-world experiences. Join us by submitting your case, and you will get a chance to win one of the following awards which are sponsored by the IMA Dubai-UAE Chapter:
- $2000 First Place
- $1000 Second Place
- $500 Third Place
In addition, the 3 winning cases will be translated into Arabic by the IMA Dubai-UAE chapter. Also, winning cases will be considered for publication in IMA Educational Case Journal (IECJ) but must be class-tested first. Any published case will receive special allowance from the chapter to cover editing and translation expenses.
Find below full details about this case competition:
- All cases must include detailed teaching notes and should be submitted electronically in Microsoft Word or PDF format in English to IECJ@imanet.org no later than September 15, to be eligible for the competition. Please state in the subject line Middle East Case Competition.
- If a case is submitted in Arabic then English translation is required by the participant.
- Examples of prior cases can be found on the IECJ website.
- For the submission of cases and teaching notes follow the IECJ's submission guidelines available here.
- Manuscripts previously published or currently under review by other publications or case competitions are not acceptable.
- Cases reflecting "real-world" situations are strongly preferred.
- It is strongly recommended that a case be used in the classroom to get feedback before submitting it to the competition.
Winners will be announced by October 15 by the IMA Dubai-UAE Chapter.
2016-17 Competition Winners:
Hadeel Nassar - First Place